A PEACEFUL LAKESIDE BLISS
JUST AN HOUR FROM NEW YORK CITY
Currently Available for Winter Rental 2018
(including Christmas and New Years)
Slate Crossing – Booking Terms and Conditions
- Your booking includes use of the cottage along with the use of the property’s 2.5 acres.
- The cottage will be ready on the day of arrival by 4PM. Departure time is by 10AM on your day of departure.
- All bookings are confirmed only when the deposit has been paid. Until payment of the deposit, the booking is provisional. We reserve the right to cancel your booking if payment conditions are not upheld.
- A 30% deposit is payable to secure the booking. The final balance is payable 6 weeks in advance of the first day of your stay.
- In the event of cancellation, deposits are not refundable. Any cancellation within the last 2-6 weeks of the date of stay will incur 75% of the total cost of your booking. Any cancellation within 2 weeks of your stay will incur 100% of the total cost of your booking.
- Any bookings made within 7 days of the arrival date will only be confirmed subject to our ability to find appropriate staffing to changeover and set up the cottage.
- Cancellations must be sent in writing. Should we not be informed of your cancellation in writing, we will look to recover any loss of income.
- We do not accept bookings from guests that are attending weddings during their stay.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE ACCEPT BOOKINGS FROM BACHELOR, BACHELORETTE OR OTHER PRE-WEDDING OR WEDDING RELATED EVENTS.
- The number of people in the cottage must at no time exceed the number stated that the property sleeps on our website (unless prior written consent has been given). The cottage may not be sub-let.
- The cost of heating and electricity is included in the price of the cottage. All bed linen, a bath and beach towel for each guest, hand towels and tea towels are provided.
- The owners of the cottage reserve the right to enter the cottage at any reasonable time and with reasonable prior notice if any urgent need were to arise (e.g. for health and safety reasons or urgent repair).
- We have a no pet policy – except for guide dogs.
- Children at the cottage must be supervised by a responsible adult at all time. Whilst we encourage guests to enjoy the garden, woodlands and the lake, care must be taken as walkways, stairs and the dock may be slippery, particularly when wet. There is no lifeguard on duty and use of the lake is at the guests own risk.
- The attic and the basement to the left of the stairs is private.
- The named person(s) booking the accommodation is responsible for the behaviour and actions of their guests while at the cottage. Guests may be asked to leave the premises if their behaviour is threatening, aggressive, anti-social, or damaging in any way to the other residents or to the premises. In this circumstance, your full support is required.
- The named person(s) booking the accommodation agrees to indemnify the owners for and will be held responsible for paying any loss or damage to any part of the cottage premises, or to any fixtures, fittings and equipment which are caused by any member of the group. We will not be held responsible for damage to any article brought onto the premises. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage. In case of loss or damage to any member of the group, it must be reported and then recorded at the time in the incident book by the owners of the cottage or their representatives.
- We shall not be responsible, or be considered in breach or default under the rental contract on account of any delay or failure to perform the rental contract as a result of an Event of Force Majeure or any other event beyond our control. An “Event of Force Majeure” means any circumstance not within our control including, without limitation: (a) acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster; (b) epidemic or pandemic; (c) threat or actual event relating to any of the following: terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, or breaking off of diplomatic relations; (d) nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom; (e) any law or any action taken by a government or public authority, including without limitation imposing an export or import restriction, quota or prohibition, or failing to grant a necessary licence or consent; (f) collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident; and (g) any labour or trade dispute, strikes, industrial action or lockouts; and/or (h) interruption or failure of utility service.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the cottage or on the premises.
- An additional security deposit may be requested as insurance against damages. This will only be kept if we need to claim back costs against damages. Any security deposit will be returned to you within 14 days of your stay provided no damage has been incurred.
- It is the responsibility of the named person(s) to ensure that the cottage (and all other areas used) are left in a reasonable state. If an exceptions level of cleaning or landscaping is required after use of any of the premises the cost will be charged to the named person and the named person agrees to indemnify the owners for such costs.
- We have a 7 day lost and found policy which means we can only keep and item found for that amount of time. It is the guests’ responsibility to check for all personal belongings before departure from the cottage. Any items found after guests have departed will have to be sent to the guest at their expense. Postage must be paid in advance.
- Guests must respect that there are other residents in the neighbourhood and around the lake. Noise (including music) will not be tolerated after 10:30PM.
- Guests must return any items removed from the cottage or the premises to its original place by the time of departure. This includes cutlery, crockery, utensils, etc.
- Guests must return all furniture within the cottage to its original position by the time of departure.
- We are committed to limiting the amount of waste that is generated through guests stays and guests are expected to recycle materials used while staying at the cottage.
- Fireworks are expressly prohibited on the cottage grounds. Fireworks cannot be set off anywhere on the property or on the lake.
- It is the responsibility of the named person(s) on the booking to ensure that all guests are made aware of these terms and conditions.
- These terms may be updated from time to time. Updated terms and conditions are available on our website. Last updated April 2018.